MACSIM as a tool for training
As a training tool, MACSIM can be used on all levels, and for all categories involved, in the response to major incidents and disasters:
- For training of primary management of individual, severely injured patients on under-graduate and basic postgraduate, levels
- For training of triage in major incidents on basic postgraduate level
- For training of triage and primary management (diagnosis and treatment) of severely injured in major incidents on advanced post-graduate level
- For interactive training of the prehospital and/or the hospital response to major incidents on post-graduate level
- For simultaneous interactive training of the whole chain of response for all categories of involved staff, also in command- and coordinating functions (example: the MRMI-courses, Medical Response to Major Incidents & Disasters)
MACSIM as a training tool is not tied to, and does not teach, any specific organization or methodology but can be adapted to, and used to train:
- any organization
- any methodology
- in any country (either in English or translated to local language)
One exception from this is the MRMI-course, which is a highly standardized course with the aim to teach a uniform organization, terminology and methodology, according to principles most frequently used in the European countries.
The website-video from 2012 illustrates the use of a combination of pre-printed magnetic films and traditional whiteboards. The magnetic films have now completely replaced the whiteboards and significantly facilitated the use of the system.